All complaints/grievances must comply with the following:
- Students who do not follow these steps will be considered in violation of school rules and regulations.
- Students must represent themselves and should not rely on others to speak for them or take the right of self-representation away from others. Grievances must be in the name of the individual involved and not part of others’ grievances or a “petition” of grievances. The language used should be professional and respectful.
- The student should deliver a completed NCAD grievance form to the Director of Education. Forms are available from the Student Service Coordinator. A grievance will be reviewed, and a response forwarded to the student in a timely manner. The Director of Education may request a meeting to review the grievance and invite others to be present at the meeting if he feels it is necessary. The Director of Education’s decision/resolution in the matter is final.
- If a student still does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider the following:
- Contact the Washington Student Achievement Council and start the complaint process by completing this form. If you have any questions, they can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NCAD is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and uses the process described above for handling student complaints. If a student does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the Accrediting Commission. All complaints reviewed by the Commission must be in written form and should grant permission for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response. This can be accomplished by filing the ACCSC Complaint Form. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission. Please direct all inquiries to:
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
A copy of the ACCSC Complaint Form is available at the school and may be obtained by contacting the Student Services Coordinator or online at Filing a Complaint Against an ACCSC- Accredited Institution.