A.O.S. Degree in Web Design
The A.O.S. program in Web Design provides students with an intensive education in Web Design.
A web designer is someone who is both creative and technically skilled and uses both creativity and skill to build or redesign websites for computers and hand-held devices.
The goal of the program with its applied emphasis is to prepare students to succeed in the competitive world of Web Design.
Educational Objectives of the A.O.S. Degree in Web Design
Primary Educational Objectives
NCAD has set its educational objectives for the A.O.S. degree in Web Design as follows:
- Fundamental Knowledge: Graduates of the program will be skilled in the fundamental concepts of design necessary for success in professional creative industry.
- Specialization: Graduates of the program will be prepared to pursue career choices in Web Design or related fields that benefits from a strong background in applied design.
- Design Skills: Graduates of the program will be prepared with problem solving skills, laboratory skills, and design skills for technical careers.
- Professional Skills: Graduates of the program will be prepared with communication and teamwork skills as well as an appreciation for ethical behavior necessary to thrive in their careers.
- Self Learning: Graduates of the program will be prepared to continue their professional development through continuing education and personal experiences.
Knowledge/Skills Expected to be Demonstrated in A.O.S. in Web Design Graduate Portfolio
- Demonstrate developed problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrate developed visual design skills (graphic design skills) with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Demonstrate ability to create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to utilize tools and technology as needed
- Demostrate proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Demonstrate ability to establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Demonstate ability to present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders