Any member of the NCAD community may file complaints related to NCAD Academic Policies.
All complaints must comply with the following:
Any who do not follow these steps will be considered in violation of school rules and regulations.
- Individuals must represent themselves and should not rely on others to speak for them or take the right of self representation away from others. Complaints must be in the name of the individual involved and not part of others’ complaints or a “petition” of complaints. The language used should be professional and respectful.
- Individuals should deliver a completed NCAD Complaint Form to the Registrar. Forms are available in the administration office. A complaint will be reviewed by the NCAD Complaint Review Committee and a response forwarded to the student in a timely manner. The Committee shall include the following staff members:
- Director of Operations
- Director of Education
- Title IX Coordinator
- Student Services Coordinator
- Current Faculty Member (to be appointed as needed by the Director of Operations and Director of Education)
Each Committee member shall participate in all Complaint Reviews. Each member of the Review committee will have one regular vote regarding the outcome decision of any Complaint Review. The outcome of the review process will be based on a simple majority vote.
The Committee may request meetings with staff, faculty, or students to investigate or review the complaint and to invite others to be present at those meetings if they feel it is necessary.
The Committee’s decision/resolution in the matter is final.
If a student still does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider the following:
- Contact the Washington Student Achievement Council and start the complaint process by completing this form. If you have any questions, they can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NCAD is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and uses the process described above for handling student complaints. If a student does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the Accrediting Commission. All complaints reviewed by the Commission must be in written form and should grant permission for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response. This can be accomplished by filing the ACCSC Complaint Form. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
A copy of the ACCSC Complaint Form is available at the school and may be obtained by contacting the NCAD Registrar or online at Filing a Complaint Against an ACCSC- Accredited Institution.