A.O.S. Degree in Web Development
The A.O.S. program in Graphic Design provides students with an intensive education in Web Development.
A web developer is a programmer who creates programs and applications for the World Wide Web.
The goal of the program with its applied emphasis is to prepare students to succeed in the competitive world of Web Development.
Educational Objectives of the A.O.S. Degree in Web Design
Primary Educational Objectives
NCAD has set its educational objectives for the A.O.S. degree in Web Development as follows:
- Fundamental Knowledge: Graduates of the program will be skilled in the fundamental concepts of design necessary for success in professional creative industry.
- Specialization: Graduates of the program will be prepared to pursue career choices in Web Development or related fields that benefits from a strong background in applied design.
- Design Skills: Graduates of the program will be prepared with problem solving skills, laboratory skills, and design skills for technical careers.
- Professional Skills: Graduates of the program will be prepared with communication and teamwork skills as well as an appreciation for ethical behavior necessary to thrive in their careers.
- Self Learning: Graduates of the program will be prepared to continue their professional development through continuing education and personal experiences.
Knowledge/Skills Expected to be Demonstrated in A.O.S. in Web Development Graduate Portfolio
- Demonstrate developed problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best development practices
- Demonstrate understanding of and ability to utilize tools and technology as needed
- Demonstrate ability to work comfortably with a version control system like Git
- Demonstrate ability to Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Demonstrate ability to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Demonstrate ability to create and maintain (software) documentation